- 20 µemu CoPt bit-patterned magnetic media thin film
- 20 µemu perpendicular magnetic anisotropy (PMA) thin film
- 40 µemu NiFe (3 nm) thin film
- <2 µemu synthetic antiferromagnetic thin film
- and various other samples.
Based on these and other measurements recently made in the system, we have updated its RMS spec again—to 0.15 × 10-7 emu noise floor at 10 s/pt. The high sensitivity, along with the fast (1 T/s) field sweep capability of the 8600 Series VSM, makes it possible to record first-order reversal curves (FORCs) in a fraction of the time it takes in other magnetometer systems.