Plans are being finalized for the 2nd Annual FORC Workshop, which will be held Sunday, Oct. 30, the day before the opening of the 2016 Magnetism and Magnetic Materials (MMM) conference at the New Orleans Marriott. When making plans for the conference, be sure to plan to arrive early. The workshop will begin with on-site registration check-in from 8 – 8:30 a.m. and the first session to begin at 8:45 a.m. that Sunday.
Hotels in the vicinity of the conference are filling up fast, and because those interested in attending may not be able to check in early that weekend, the conference has announced that there are some accommodations available on the University of New Orleans campus. For more information, see the conference website, where you can also follow a link to register.
Registration is limited to 75 people. The fee is $50, which will cover the cost of a continental breakfast, lunch buffet, and hors d’oeuvres served during the poster session at the end.
The day’s speaker schedule has also been finalized. In addition to conference co-chairman Dr. Alexandru Stancu of Al. I. Cuza University (Romania), speakers will include:
- Ioan Lascu, Department of Earth Sciences, University of Cambridge (U.K.)
- Victorino Franco, Condensed Matter Physics Department, Sevilla University (Spain)
- Gergely Zimanyi, Department of Physics, UC Davis (U.S.)
- Joachim Gräfe, Department of Modern Magnetic Systems, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (Germany)
- Adrian Muxworthy, Department of Earth Sciences & Engineering, Imperial College London (U.K.)
- Montserrat Rivas Ardisana, Department of Physics, University of Oviedo (Spain)
- Ramon Egli, Geophysical Department, Central Institute of Meteorology and Geodynamics (Austria)
- Fanny Beron, Institute of Physics Gleb Wataghin, University of Campinas (Brazil)